kf1.org/forum Forum Index kf1.org/forum
Ken's Personal Devotional Christian Blog
And Video Bible Readings
For the Truth of all things in Jesus the Christ
aka TruthInJesus.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Definition of Holiness

bottom of page
Post new topic   Reply to topic    kf1.org/forum Forum Index -> tell us truth please - closed and archived 5/7/11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
___

Post reference link - PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Definition of Holiness
Please share relevant content:       Bookmark and
 Share    Email        Thank you for your interest & support.

The following was posted by me at RevivalSchool.com -- It has some things i believe the Lord brought out well. So I humbly repost it here at TruthInJesus.net for your review.
--------------
Mario wrote:
When we have Jesus, we have already been cleansed and purchased by His blood, HIS HOLINESS!
It is Jesus' Holiness that will allow me to see God!
harvestisripe wrote:
To be Holy is to be seperated from sin (the old sinful nature) and to set apart for God.

For the purpose of this post:
All good and righteous is ascribed to God as author.
All bad and un-righteousness is ascribed to Satan as author.
The above is simplistic, yet applies to this post.

It seems to me, this question of God's Holiness and our being Holy, is one of those subjects, like many, Satan has successfully clouded by playing two extremes off one another. Satan often does this by corrupting words, corrupting definitions, and semantical shell games. -- Philippians4:4-6 -- 1Timothy6:3-7 -- 2Timothy2:13-15

Logically, any time there are two seeming opposed views on a subject there are actually 4 (four) 'choices'; One is right, the other is right, both are right, both are wrong.

Within the definition of holiness one may have, 'we' must remember/understand God's definition of Holiness may, or may not be, different from yours or ours.
In our definition of holiness 'we' must understand God's definition of Holiness may not be ours.
-- In your definition of holiness you must decide if God's Holiness is yours at all, imputed or not. -- 2Corinthians5:19 -- 2Corinthians5:17-21

Most define Holiness as God's righteousness. Of course, ask any one person and one will get a personal answer.

God is righteous. In that He is Holy. Always.
'We' are supposed to have His righteousness, imputed .AND. by practice.

Let's look at one of the premier "Holy" experiences, Moses at the burning bush. Why was the "ground holy."? "And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground." -- Exodus3:5 -- Exodus3:1-10

I submit, The Burning Bush experience is one of agreement. Any one ever truly there knows in their heart this is so.

-- IN verse 10 the Holy Word of God says, "Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt." -- Exodus3:10

God had just finished telling Moses what God would do, if Moses would "Come now therefore,"
Got had just rattled off a good list of things He would do, if Moses was up to it. If you read the further story, our brother Moses began to be pessimistic (cc, in other words?). The whole story of the burning bush reminds me of the story of Mary's conception, except Mary responded with "Behold the handmaid of the Lord;" . . . but i diverge . . . -- Luke1:38

Remember God says "therefore be holy, for I am holy." It is an agreement. -- Leviticus 11:45
It was agreement that, "And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD." -- Exodus19:8
What they didn't realize it that they were POWERLESS to do anything of their own.
"For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:" -- Hebrews8:8

I could fill this post up with texts. I can talk of God's Great Love for us and His Wonderful Plan of Salvation, well . . . a long time. Allow me, (yeah like any one is going to say noooo don't type that...)

Allow me, to sum this post in a sentence or two. It seems to me the Plan of Salvation says . . . . Well let me quote a person first.
All4J wrote:
1. HUMBLE themselves before the Lord. (Dan. 10)
2. ASK ....and you shall receive.(Matth.7)
3. have FAITH... and trust that Jesus has the power and love that will save and heal.(Acts 20)
From there my Bible says the individual Christian begins to behave. They begin to behave, in Baptism, if they know about it, out of Love from their heart. They also begin to 'behave' in all sorts of other godly ways. With that i will end this post. 'We all know how it could get long, tiresome, so filled with quotes its meaning is lost. It truly is my heartfelt prayer the meaning of this post is clear. If 'we' define "Holy" as "being in agreement with God" much Scripture becomes clearer, at least to me.

Truly, in Jesus, Ken
Jesus comes. Period. -------- -- \o/ -- Cool
------------------------------
Being moved to add the following to my comments on Holiness above, this has been added to the original post:
Both extremes of
"being extra special holy"
and
"Jesus is all the holy I need"
are motivated within this Scripture text:
"For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God." -- Romans10:3 -- Romans10:1-11

n Jesus, ken
Jesus comes.
Cool

Last edited by ___ on Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:39 am; edited 2 times in total
jbparker

Post reference link - PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject:
Please share relevant content:       Bookmark and
 Share    Email        Thank you for your interest & support.

Ken,
I am trying the forum once more. I saw the topic on holiness, how we define it, how God defines it, I belive that is what the discussion seems to be. You said In our definition of holiness 'we' must understand God's definition of Holiness may not be ours.

I believe this is very true. We (Christians) sometime think we can actually attain a level of righteousness, goodness, and holiness equal to that of God's. This Christian finds it hard to belive that level of holiness is easily attainalble at least by me here on this earth. I believe we should strive for it, but yet we should know we are very imperfect and very unholy and humbly ask our holy God to help us be more like Him everyday.

Here is a short writing I did on holiness a while back.

Staying Clean and Holy
Shower to Shower

Today's writing is one of those that is mostly scripture. When we have a thought, and take the time to think about it as it relates to God's word, the scripture always brings clarity to the thought.
This thought began entirely from a picture of some beautiful vessels. As I looked at the vessels I wondered if they were full or empty, clean or dirty inside. By looking at the outside it is kind of hard to see how clean or full the inside is.
I of course related this to us as Christians. When we only look at the outer appearance of others, are we able to see how clean the inside is? More importantly when others (the world) look at our outer appearance are they able to see how clean the inside is? Do we display the fullness and holiness of God?
Sometime when I am feeling just a little distant from God, when He seems a million miles away, I honestly don't feel too full or holy. But, when He comes in and fills this vessel, this temple, with His Spirit, with His goodness; when He showers me with His mercy, love and compassion, it is an unexplainable feeling of His fullness and holiness.
Now this vessel I know is clean even when it is kind of empty on the inside, waiting to be filled by God. It was cleansed by the blood of Jesus Christ. I hope the holiness and cleanliness of this vessel shines though to others in this world whether it is full or empty. God's Word does tell us to be separate from the world, but we are to go out in the midst of it and remain clean holy vessels.

Isaiah 52:11
Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean thing; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the LORD.

We are His chosen temple and we are called to be holy .

Ephesians 1:4
According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

I Corinthians 3:17
If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Finally in Ephesians we are given specific instructions as to how we are to go out in the midst of this world, and keep these vessels clean and holy always ready to filled by God.

Ephesians 5:3
But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; 4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. 5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. 6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. 7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them. 8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: 9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;) 10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. 11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. 12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret

As we are awaiting a refilling by God's Spirit, we should make sure these vessels are always clean and ready to be filled. When we take these vessels into the world, we need to be careful what we speak, hear, and see. We should always walk in His light, not in darkness. We must be careful not to defile God's temple by partaking of the things of this world, even unconsciously.

II Corinthians 6:17
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you

I Peter 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Lord help me to keep this vessel pure and clean always ready to be filled with your Holy Spirit. Let the fullness of your Holy Spirit and the cleanliness of your bright love shine from this vessel and shower this dark world each day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    kf1.org/forum Forum Index -> tell us truth please - closed and archived 5/7/11 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: